Congratulations on securing your DiscoverEU Interrail Mobile Pass! We are sure that you're going to have a great adventure with this product, and make some wonderful memories along the way. To make your journey as convenient as possible, we have already assembled some initial tips for you to get a better understanding of your DiscoverEU Interrail Pass. These are as follows:
- You can use your Pass to travel for 7 days. These 7 days can be used within a 1-month validity period, which you will schedule when you activate the Pass. For more information about how the travel days work, check out this article.
- Once the validity period of a Pass has started, the Pass can not be de-activated anymore. Therefore, please do not activate your Pass until you know for sure when you are travelling. If your plans change before the validity period starts, you can de-activate your Pass again and re-activate it once your new plans are clear. For more information about how to do this, check out this article.
- Some trains require a seat reservation, which is not included in your Pass. On trains where a seat reservation is required, you will need to show both your Pass’ QR-code and a seat reservation ticket. Book your seat reservations well in advance, especially during the summer season! For more information about seat reservations, check out this article.
- You can only travel in your home country on two of your 7 travel days. These are called in/outbound journeys, and they will activate automatically when you schedule a train journey in or through your home country. For more information on this, check out this article.
- The data in the Planner is not live train information. Instead, the data here reflects the schedule as intended to be operated by the train companies. For the latest information of your train, including any delays or last-minute cancellations, check the website of the operating train company or the displays at the train station.
- We send out notifications in case of strikes or other major disruptions! Therefore, we encourage you to enable the service notifications when installing the DiscoverEU Travel App. Note that these notifications are not tailored to your specific itinerary.
- As a DiscoverEU Traveller, you have access to lots of discounts across Europe! As part of the DiscoverEU Programme, you will have access to a European Youth Card in your app. This card gives lots of discounts in all European countries, and can help to secure cheaper accommodation or public transport! In addition, having an Interrail Pass also grants you Pass Benefits. These are discounts you can use within the 1-month validity period of your Pass.
- The train company is the first point of contact in case your trip is disrupted. If any issues arise during your trip, the best you can do is to speak to local train staff first. Especially during high season, it might take up to 48 hours for us to get back to your message.
- Some countries are not included in the Planner, but you can still travel to these countries! For information on which countries this includes, and how you can prepare your trip to these places, check out this article.
- Your Pass has an expiration date. If you've won your Pass in the spring of 2022 (Round 2022-1), your one-month travel period must start on May 31st 2023 at the latest. If you've won your Pass in early 2023 (Round 2022-2), your travel period must start on January 30th 2024 at the latest.
We hope these 10 points can help you to get started with your DiscoverEU travel planning! We encourage you to also browse the Help Center for other information, as we have lots of useful articles for you to use.