Awarded applicants can be declined participation when they do not comply with the contest rules, as set out on the European Youth Portal.
- You don't have the age required to apply to DiscoverEU.
- Travellers awarded in May 2022: To be eligible, you need to be born between 1 July 2003 (included) and 30 June 2004 (included);
- Travellers awarded in January 2023: To be eligible, you need to be born between 1 January 2004 (included) and 31 December 2004 (included);
- Travellers awarded in May 2023: To be eligible, you need to be born between 1 July 2004 (included) and 30 June 2005 (included).
- You are not a citizen or legal resident of one of the Member States of the European Union including Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) or one of the third countries associated to the Erasmus+ programme: Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, and Türkiye.
- You uploaded a non-valid ID, Passport or Residency card. Applicants need to submit a valid ID, Passport or Residency card, which correspond to the data submitted on the application form. You might be declined because your national document is recognized as forged or fraudulent.
- You uploaded a non-accepted document. Only European-issued national ID card, passports and residency cards are accepted. Drivers licences, birth certificates, student cards... are not acceptable documents.