The DiscoverEU Travel app is a tool that allows you to look up train information, no matter where you are. It works offline, and gives you quick access to scheduled departure and arrival times for nearly all European trains.
- Look up train times offline: Whether you’re speeding between cities or taking the scenic route, it’s easy to find trains that match your plans – from local and national trains to high-speed and sleeper services.
- Plan your whole trip: Whether you like to plan in advance or decide on the day, save journeys from the planner to My Trip and see your whole route on the map or as a day-by-day itinerary.
- Board with confidence: You can choose to only search for trains that accept your Global Pass. You can see at a glance which trains ask for seat reservations, or you can choose to avoid them altogether by applying a filter in the Planner.
- Book your reservations: Go online to buy your seat reservations for many popular routes straight from the app. We’ll send them to you by email (in case of e-tickets) so there’s no waiting around. For more information on this, please check out this article.
- Get extra discounts: You can activate your European Youth Card through the app. It’s packed with tens of thousands of discounts on travel, culture, accommodation, education, services, and products. In addition to this, your Interrail pass also provides discounts and benefits across ferries, buses, attractions, hostels, and more. For more information on this, check out this page of the Interrail website.
We designed the app to work offline, and the information is not updated with real-time information for this reason. We therefore always recommend you to check the website of the railway companies for the latest information, such as unexpected delays or construction work on the route you're planning to take.
Make sure you have the latest version of the app, and of course, remember to check train departure boards or ask railway staff for the latest information as you travel.
Some future train schedules are not yet available due to pending updates from the railway companies. If schedules are not showing for your desired dates at the current time, please check again closer to the date of departure.
There are some countries that are not (yet) included in the DiscoverEU Travel app. This includes Spain, the United Kingdom, as well as various countries in Eastern Europe. However, you can still visit these places, and we have written out some convenient steps for this over here.