For this information in Turkish, please download the file at the bottom of this article.
If you are a Turkish citizen, you will need to apply for a Visa in order to travel with DiscoverEU.
Here are the main steps to prepare your visa application:
- First, you will need to prepare your detailed travel itinerary in advance (travel dates and cities you will visit).
- Once you have it all sorted, we advise you to contact the embassy or consulate of the countries you wish to visit to make sure you have all the documents needed to request your Visa.
- In addition to your DiscoverEU travel pass, DiscoverEU will cover the visa issuing costs, the travel insurance and prepare the invitation letter. Once you have completed your booking form, the Travel Team will contact you via e-mail. In case you have questions, you can contact the DiscoverEU Travel Team by submitting a request in the upper right corner of the Help Centre.
According to the country you wish to visit, the visa requirements may differ. You can find below a recap of what documents you might need.
Which European Countries Issue a Schengen Visa?
The Schengen Area includes 27 countries that have signed the Schengen agreement. Any member state of the Schengen Area can issue a Schengen visa.
The Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
How to Apply for a Visa to Enter Europe?
You have to organise and prepare your trip in advance. Your itinerary should include the following information:
- How many days to plan to stay in the Schengen Area
- Countries you will visit
- Countries whose territory you will enter and leave
Once you've completed these, you'll need to review all the European visa application requirements you need to meet and start the process of making a visa appointment at one of your country's Schengen consulates. You need to apply to the consulate or embassy either of the first country you will enter in Schengen or the Schengen country in which you will stay the longest.
How Much Costs a European Visa?
The fee for a Schengen visa is 80€ per adult. However, there are categories that will pay a lower or no fee, depending on the applicant's age, nationality, and other factors.
What is the Flight Travel Plan for EU Visa Application?
A flight itinerary is a certified document from which the schedule of a relevant flight can be verified online.
Your train itinerary and bookings should also be accepted as a travel proof.
What is Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa?
Your Travel Health Insurance must be valid for your entire stay in the Schengen Area. DiscoverEU will provide you with the travel insurance.
What is Accommodation Document for Visa Application?
You must present a certified document showing where you will be staying in the Schengen Area during your entire trip.
When entering the Schengen area customs officials will ask you for the following documents:
- Valid Passport. It must have been issued within the last 10 years and must be valid for at least 3 months from the date you plan to leave the EU
- Purpose of entry to the Schengen Area
- Proof of booked accommodation
- Planned period of staying in the Schengen Area
- Proof of obtaining round trip travel tickets
- Travel insurance
- Invitation letter
You may be also asked for other information and documents.
Please make sure the custom officer stamps your passport when you enter the Schengen Area. If you don't get this stamp, you may be subject to a fine or to detention.
The Irish tourist visa is the type of visa that should be applied by those who want to visit Ireland. The Irish Tourist Visa is in the "short-term" type C visa category. Holders of a UK general, short-stay C Visa can only travel to Ireland for a short period of time visa-free if they meet the visa waiver program conditions.
How Many Days Does Ireland Tourist Visa Take?
The Irish Consulate evaluates visa applications in approximately one month. We recommend that you submit your Irish visa application 2 months before your trip.
Ireland short-stay visa fees are paid in cash and there are no refunds in case of visa refusal. If it deems necessary, the Irish Consulate has the right to call the applicant for an interview and to request additional documents. Submission of the application documents in full does not mean that the visa application will be approved. Decisions about Irish visa applications are entirely under the initiative of the Irish Consulate. If you have an old passport, photocopies of all processed pages must be presented. If your previous visa application was rejected, you must include the original letter explaining the reason for the rejection in your application file. YouTürkiyer Irish visa application will not be accepted if you hide an unaccepted Irish visa request.
Romania Tourist Visa
Travellers with a Turkish Republic Ordinary (Bordeaux) passport who will travel to Romania are obliged to apply for a visa to the Romanian Consulate in order to enter the country. Holders of a Special (Green) Passport of the Republic of Türkiye, a Service (Gray) Passport and a Diplomatic (Black/Red) Passport do not have to apply for a visa to the Romanian Consulate for their short-term travels not exceeding 90 days within 180 days.
Holders of a residence permit belonging to any country that is a member of the European Union (EU) or Schengen Area, and holders of a residence permit issued by Switzerland and Liechtenstein are not subject to Romanian Consulate visa procedures during their travels to Romania (5 days) during this permit.
C Type Romanian Visa
Type C visa: It is a type of visa that is given to people who want to travel to Romania for a short time, with a stay period of 90 days.
How to Apply for Romania Visa?
Turkish travellers who will travel to Romania can apply for a Romanian visa by visiting the Romanian Consulate General, Romanian Embassy and Romanian Honorary Consulates in person or through Visa Information Centers and Travel / Tourism agencies.
It is possible to make Romanian visa applications through the EVIZA portal created by the Romanian Consulate.
What are Romania Visa Application Documents?
- Visa Application Form: The visa application form to be submitted to the Romanian Consulate for visa application must be filled in completely and correctly.
- Passport: The travel document to be used in the Romanian visa application must contain at least two blank pages for the visa to be processed.
- Travel Documents: Documents showing the purpose of the trip to the Romanian Consulate, the duration of the stay, having the economic resources to live on during the stay and that the person will return to his country at the end of his Romanian trip must be submitted.
It should be noted that the documents submitted to the consulate for Romania visa application are new dated.
Romanian visa applications must be submitted through Romanian diplomatic missions and consular units in Türkiye.
Bulgaria Tourist Visa
Bulgaria tourist visa is required for Turkish citizens. The stay is usually short with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for Bulgaria tourist visa. A total of 11 documents are required for applying Bulgaria tourist visa. You can also find visa exemptions and useful tips from fellow travellers.
Bulgaria tourist visa conditions for Turkish citizens
- Visa application shall be submitted prior to the entry into Bulgaria, at the competent
- If there is no Bulgaria Embassy/Consulate in the applicant's country, the application may be submitted at the nearest Bulgarian Embassy/Consulate.
- Visa application needs to be submitted in person. Exceptionally and in justified cases, a visa applicant does not need to file the application personally, but he/she shall present himself/herself when called upon by the Embassy/Consulate.
- Visa application shall be submitted no sooner than three months prior to the date of the intended trip.
How to get Bulgaria tourist visa from Türkiye
Step 1 : Turkish citizens need to get a visa for Bulgaria by going to the nearest embassy.
Step 2 : Fill in the application form for Bulgaria.
Step 3 : After filling in the application form, you need to provide the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Bulgaria
Step 4 : Once the visa application for Bulgaria is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
Step 5 : Pickup your passport from the Bulgaria Embassy
Step 6 : You can now travel to Bulgaria and stay for the duration on your visa.
Documents required for Bulgaria tourist visa
- Visa Application Form
- Completed application form for Bulgaria
- Passport Photo
- Photo must not older than 6 months
A negative COVID-19 PCR test result is required for all international travellers coming to Bulgaria. The negative PCR test must be issued within 72 hours of before departure.
COVID-19 vaccination proof for travellers coming to Bulgaria. The last dose of vaccine must be taken at least 14 days before departure.
The information about COVID-19 related documents might change in the next months. Please make sure to verify what documents will be required.
Original Passport or Travel document of Türkiye with at least a validity of 6 remaining months on the date of travel.
The passport needs at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
Provide a previous passport of Türkiye if you have any.
A round-trip flight/train reservations(s) for Bulgaria. An Onward Ticket is a flight reservation made by a real travel agency that can be helpful for visa applications or if you want to enter a country without purchasing a return flight. Get verifiable one way, round trip, and multi-city flight bookings for visa purposes.
Proof of travel insurance for Bulgaria with the certificate of Insurance and the table of benefits. DiscoverEU will provide for you with the travel insurance.
A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from Türkiye. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement. If statements are printed online then it has to be Authenticated (stamped) by the bank officials. Original bank statements for the last 3 months showing sufficient funds to cover stay in the Schengen Area.
Hotel/accommodation reservation(s) in Bulgaria for the duration of your visit.
Southern Cyprus Tourist Visa
There is no Southern Cyprus Consulate General or Embassy in Türkiye. For this reason, Turkish citizens who want to travel to Southern Cyprus carry out their visa applications through the Embassy of S. Cyprus in Athens in Greece. Turkish citizens must complete their application in person. The Embassy of Athens does not accept applications sent by post. Those who do not have a valid Schengen visa must first apply for a visa to Greece. It is not possible to enter Southern Cyprus with a Greek visa. You can obtain your Greece visa, which is the first stage of your planned trip to Cyprus, through Eurasia.
Documents Required for Cyprus Tourist Visa Procedures
The documents to be submitted to the Athens Embassy in Southern Cyprus must be up-to-date.
- Southern Cyprus visa application form
- The visa application form must be signed personally by the applicant.
- 2 passport size photographs with a white background in colour must be attached.
The national passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the valid visa period. Visitors who do not have a visa must have a passport valid for at least 6 months.
Round-trip transportation reservations
Fixed-dated round-trip transportation reservation transcripts must be submitted. It is not recommended to purchase your ticket before your visa application is approved.
Hotel/Accommodation Confirmation Document
Prior Hotel Reservation document to be sent by fax by the hotel management in Southern Cyprus must be submitted.
Bank account statement
The applicant must prove that he has sufficient funds to cover the expenses of his stay in Cyprus.
You might be requested to have a School letter that proves you are a student or an invitation letter. You will need to verify this with the embassy.
For this information in Turkish, please download the file: