Of course, it can be frustrating if you can't book your seat reservations. To see if this can be fixed, here are some common issues with seat reservations (and how to fix them):
- The train is full. If you're trying to book a ticket a short time before departure, especially if it's a popular route or you're travelling in summer, some trains might sell out of seats ahead of time. Keep in mind that some trains have limited seating for Pass holders, so they might still sell tickets at full price on their own website even as none are available through the app.
- Solution: Plan an alternative route or, if available, consider purchasing a separate ticket on this route instead.
- Your seat reservation comes as a paper ticket, and cannot be delivered in time. Some train companies only allow us to book their seats on paper tickets, which need to be sent to you by mail. You can see this in the order overview, and the system will give you an indication of the delivery time during the ordering process. If our system does not think it can be delivered on time before your departure, it will block you from proceeding.
- Solution: Change your shipment address to a ho(s)telyou're stopping along the way. If you do this, please inform the staff of your accommodation. They will need to sign for the reception of this package. Alternatively, you can book directly at the train station (subject to availability).
- Your seat reservation cannot be booked through the DiscoverEU app: Not all train companies have allowed us to book seat reservations in their system, and so not all trains can be booked through us.
- Solution: To see if this applies, go to ‘More’ in your app, select Seat Reservations, and choose the country you're travelling in. If Eurail/Interrail is not mentioned, please use the other booking options provided.