Once you’ve added your Pass to your device, you can start getting ready to travel. Follow these steps to create a ticket:
- Go to the planner and search for a journey you would like to take. Choose a journey from the results and save the journey to your trip.
- If you’re sure you’d like to take a journey, add it to your Pass from your trip. You can do this by turning the switch on, that you find next to the saved trains in My Trip. This means the trains of that trip will appear on your ticket, ready for inspection. The ticket can then be found in the My Pass section.
- We’ll ask you to use a travel day when you add a train to your Pass, if the date of your journey isn’t already a travel day.
You will now have a ticket in My Pass. Go to your Pass and tap one of the dots for the travel days. Then, tap ‘Show ticket’ to see your ticket for that day. The ticket will contain a QR-code, as well as an overview of all journeys you've added to your Pass for that day. This can either be scanned or visually inspected by ticket inspectors.
Note: If you decide to travel on another day, after you've already activated a travel day, please make sure to cancel that initial travel day to avoid accidentally losing it! You can cancel a travel day in the My Pass section, by selecting the day and pressing the ‘cancel travel day’ option.
For some countries, the timetable is either not available or incomplete. This includes Spain and Portugal, the Baltic countries, Greece, Turkey, and several countries in the Balkan region. When you try to plan a route in these countries the planner might not show any results, even though there are trains running between the locations you entered.
If this happens, you have the option to add a journey manually and save it to your trip. To do this, please take the following steps:
- Check the country guide for travelling in this country, which can be found on the Interrail website. You can find a link to the national train company here, which you can use to plan an itinerary in this country. Additionally, you can check on which trains your Pass is valid, whether reservations are required, and how these can be made.
- Once you found a train itinerary you'd like to take, please open your Planner. Then, add a non-existing route in the search fields, and hit ‘search’.
- Tap the ‘add your journey manually’ option, and fill out all the fields with information on the train you'd like to travel on. Note that this step needs to be taken for each train you're travelling on.
- Once done, click the ‘save to My Trip’ button. This train will then be saved to the My Trip section of the app, where you can activate it just like any other train.