Skip to main content
I have diabetes. Do you have any travel tips?
- Visit your doctor for a check-up to ensure you’re fit for the trip. Make sure to ask your
- How your planned activities could affect your diabetes, and what to do about it.
- To provide prescriptions for your medicines, in case you lose them or run out.
- If you’ll need any vaccines.
- To write a letter stating that you have diabetes, and why you need your medical supplies.
- Just in case, locate pharmacies and clinics close to where you’re staying.
- Get a medical ID bracelet that states you have diabetes and any other health conditions.
- Get travel insurance, in case you miss your flight or need medical care.
- Pack twice as much medicine as you think you’ll need.
- Carry medicines in the pharmacy bottles they came in, or ask your pharmacist to print out extra labels you can attach to plastic bags.
- Be sure to pack healthy snacks, like fruit, raw veggies, and nuts.