We encourage you to use social media during your travels, in order to share your experiences with other (DiscoverEU) travellers. Spread the word about the beauty of Europe, the convenience of sustainable travel, and the fun places you've seen along the way!
How do I use social media in a smart way?
- Use #DiscoverEU as a hashtag!
- Tag the location in your photos and videos. Adding your location is important if you want to increase the reach of your posts. Moreover, it will allow you to easily trace back where you’ve been. Besides, if other young travellers are on a certain location/want to go to a certain location, they will find you! But also, this will enable us to add your photos and videos on our GEO Map on the DiscoverEU pages on the European Youth Portal.
- Post regularly. Your followers will notice that and look forward to your next posts.
- Use simple language and be to the point – people usually only read the first few lines.
- You can choose to stick to a certain theme or atmosphere on your Instagram account. An ‘instaperfect feed’ is important for e-influencers. This means that they don’t randomly post pictures. Instead, everything matches in a clear structure. It’s not only about the individual pictures you post, but about the general look and feel of your Instagram profile.
- If you’re on Facebook, use our DiscoverEU Facebook frame.
- Use humour, but be careful not to hurt other people’s feelings.
- Your videos should be 15 seconds long maximum.
- If you are on Twitter, share the available visual material soon after the real event occurred for a maximum retweet (max. 25 minutes).
- Or share your photos and videos LIVE while you are still doing the activity.
- You can ask questions, react to others or participate in a poll.
- Use visual quotes – CANVA is a good free tool!
- Landscape allows you to create perfectly-sized images for all major social media channels.
On which channels is DiscoverEU active?